De-Cluttered home/ De-Cluttered mind: How to lovingly face that pile that scares you to transform your life?





Recently I had a support session with someone who had a large amount of clutter in their bedroom. They also struggled with intimacy. Thru telehealth counseling sessions, we were able to physically venture together to their bedroom. I encouraged X to pick up one item off of the floor. X identified the first item and the memory attached to it. The relationship of that pant item on the floor to the person had a memory that wanted to stay buried. Putting the pants into closet meant that that lingering memory had no more power. X  wasn't triggered every time she stepped over it. It meant that the relationship to body, body image, romance, self, and other would shift. That is one of countless stories, and that person is certainly not alone. This is a common struggle we all face from time to time- a cluttered home and cluttered mind.
Image result for falling in love with yourself rumi

By the end of session 4, items were removed from the ground. I guided X on creating a pain to power check list which highlighted what needed to be cleaned in house, but also needed to be cleaned in the mind in order that the practical cleaning could take place. Ie. Fix the broken leg on the kitchen table. Last memory- cooking for a partner who is no longer there. Belief formed- If I do not cook for others, my house doesn't need to be as kept. Changed belief- I am worth cooking for. I cook for me. Step- Invite a friend over to help you fix the table and enjoy a meal together to celebrate.


For new years I went thru a similar process. I had a few bags behind my closet that I faced at the end of the year. I am an old school Jamaican woman who believes in starting off the New Year the way you want your year to be, and to clean your house to the best of your ability. I went thru the bag and found old magazines, receipts, and knick knacks that I said I was going to "get to" but never did. The last time I was in the bag was when I moved spaces.



The belief I had was that there was an old bill that was in there that I really didn't want to deal with. The change in belief was that what ever came my way, I could handle it. There was always a financial management plan, and I now claimed an abundant prosperous practice. As I pulled out the items, I found the opposite.


Notices confirming that items were paid off, a check for overpayment, a thank you card from a colleague etc. As I freed up the items, next to my partner and my favorite Fela Kuti album, I found something. My poverty mentality, inherited from growing up a poor immigrant whose descendants gave this country free labor. I slowly shifte the rage at the world for not having enough. I began to find love by shifting my relationship to money at the bottom of that bag. I joined my inner wild horse and charted the course to a new destination.



By the end of the unfolding, I decided to create a savings plan with my partner to begin a new goal. The road gets scary as a start up company, but I am on it one foot in front of the other. Love medicine is a sacred walk. It is not a destination, it is a journey. Soul medicine is a sacred walk. It is not a, destination, it is a journey.

As Sandra Bloome says, what is broken in relationship must be healed in relationship. Or what I say, our cells, our bones, our blood longs to be in harmony. Our beings long for the connection of another. Most beings long for a loving embrace.Most beings long to feel whole. The ancestors in the ase of our blood long to feel whole, held, loved, & cared for. The best thing to do to get to the heart of what pulls you towards wholeness is to face that area of stuckness that has held you back and reach out for help to get you there. If there is an area of your home that frightens you, face it with both eyes open and hand in hand with a skilled professional. Trust the voice that calls you into the dank dark shadows of your life. It will help you dance out the dust, and call in the light.


Benefits of a decluttered mind and home: More room to create and thrive!

Step 1: Identify an area in your house that you visit the least yet holds the most clutter
Step 2: Identify the last memory associated with that area
Step 3: Identify the belief system associated with that issue
Step 4: Create 1 affirmation associatedwith shifting that issue
Step 5: Schedule a consultation HERE when you are ready to call in a new way of relating to your home and mind from clear thought and grounded presence





Comments

Popular Posts