Empathy: The Human Connection to Patient Care- Watch me.

My former supervisor shared this you tube video with our Hospital team.*

Watch this video: Empathy: The Human Connection to Patient Care

This video is truly a reminder that fostering the soul care in health care, specifically practitioners showing empathy and compassion, can go a long way for how we as practitioners and as service recipients approach giving and receiving care. I believe, it reminds us to walk a day in our "clients" shoes, and bottom line, treat others with the care and professionalism that we all deserve. I am not always perfect at showing up at my 100% best as a practitioner or as a client. My emotions, like many others, at times get the best of me. I stub my toe, somebody insults my family member, I get a scary call, and my mood changes, paints my day differently. My experience changes the minute that the negative thought enters my consciousness.

But God... invites in ease in a simple a moment, as taking in a breath. And when I remember that, I respond versus react to life's vulnerable situations, my own included. Let us continue to strive towards empathetic care, caring for the Spirit of each other. In this technological age, where everything has an app and hash tag, let us always honor what technology can never replace, treasuring of our deep mutual humanity.

Here is a quote from an unknown yet ancient source that reminds us that our own transformation and self-empathy, can lead to the transformation of others.

~
Keep an eye out for future invitations to cutting edge & experiential community resources
which encourage us to continue to foster the soul care in healthcare, 
from the Kuumba Holistic Healing Project's Lead Practitioner, 
T. Sacred Walker, 
coming soon! 
~
* Disclaimer: This post is not an endorsement of this organization, and more so shares professional opinions. This report is an op-ed piece, and encourages those specifically seeking more info to to make the most informed decisions from a wide range of perspectives, with this as one of many.  I encourage those seeking it to find the best fit for your unique needs. I hope this piece is both informative and enjoyable.

Appreciations as well for being an integral part of the Kuumba Holistic Healing Project's growing community.



To unsubsribe to this e mail listserve, send an e mail to kuumbaproject@gmail.com, with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject post.


Comments

Popular Posts