Announcing Master's Graduation, Residency, & Fundraiser update!





Dear Friends, Family, Colleagues, and Community: 


I am writing to tell you that I am embarking on a major transition in my life and would like to extend a call for your support. I am pleased to announce that I graduated with my Masters Degree in Holistic Psychology; was commissioned as a GLBT Faith Leader of African Descent; and I received a grade of Distinction on my thesis from Dr. Cornell West and Dr. Harry Fogarty, the highest grade one can receive, all in May 2013. The title of my thesis was: Exploited Intimacy: The Souls of Black Women and the Folk who love them.
I am also pleased to announce that I have been accepted into the New York Presbyterian- Mental Health Hospital CPE residency program, beginning May 26th - August 17, 2013, as an interfaith hospital chaplain/ Psycho-spiritual intern. It is an honor to accept this prestigious opportunity with a hospital ranked number one in the country by US NEWS.

This is where your invaluable support comes in.


Update: I have raised 42% to date of my total goal, and rising.  My total need is $3,000.
With your continued support, I trust I can meet my goal.

Your donation of $25 or more would make my post Graduate school internship possible and help me to continue to build and sustain my business, Kuumba Holistic Healing Project (KHHP). KHHP  is committed to fostering the soul care in health care; supporting the coming alive of imagination through edifying creative arts; and advocating for all beings to live whole and purposeful lives.
Due to your support in the past twelve months, I was able to:
  • Develop the Program for and Guide capacity, infrastructure building, and curriculum implementation for a “Foster Care program” in South Bronx
  • Facilitate psycho-educational arts based workshops for adolescents impacted by the juvenile justice system and ACS exploring love and healthy relationships
  • Collaborate with international students to build lesson plans using drama therapy techniques in service of the improved emotional literacy of orphaned youth with various developmental abilities in Kerala, India
  • Study holistic medicine in Kerala, India

I know that this pioneering work and the summer residency with New York Presbyterian will support the strong foundation towards my intention of opening up a healing and advocacy center that affirms often marginalized children and families.

Please donate $25 or more today. Together, we have raised $225, of the $3,000 needed and rising.

With your contribution, I will reach my fundraising goal of $3,000.  All donations, large or small, are welcomed. Donate at PayPal.com. To create an account, go to the tab marked send money, and donate to the e-mail address: kuumbaproject@gmail.com. Please also contact me for my mailing address. All donors will receive a personalized love offering, in your recognition.

In closing, I honor those of you that have been an interconnected support and have truly given me the chance to embrace a greater extended family through your presence in my life. Kuumba (Creativity): Kuumba requires that we constantly strive to make and leave our community and world more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it. You will receive personal updates of my fundraising progress, summer residency, and future endeavors via my blog: KuumbaProject.blogspot.com.

Together, let's continue to be the change we want to see in the world. Thank you for your continued support.

In humbleness, bravery, and joy,
Sacred Walker (Taneshia K.S.W. Campbell)
MDiv 2013, Union Theological Seminary
Specialization: Holistic Psychology
Blog: Kuumbaproject.blogspot.com

* Disclaimer: This post is not an endorsement of this hospital, and more so shares professional opinions. This report is an op-ed piece, and encourages those specifically seeking more info to to make the most informed decisions from a wide range of perspectives, with this as one of many.  I encourage those seeking it to find the best fit for your unique needs. I hope this piece is both informative and enjoyable.

Thank you for coming. Please check out other posts on my website, of interest.
Appreciations as well for being an integral part of the Kuumba Holistic Healing Project's growing community.




To unsubsribe to this e mail listserve, send an e mail to kuumbaproject@gmail.com, with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject post.

Comments

  1. Sharing this rewarding update... An excerpt from a staff wide e mail that was sent out today from the hospital's managerial team. Names have been changed to protect confidentiality.
    *
    Dear all:
    Just wanted to let you know about a "good news" event on 6 South this afternoon that was facilitated by 6 South staff with leadership and assistance from Sacred Walker, Pastoral Care Intern and M.M. Sr SW.
    MJ missed her high school graduation yesterday.

    Today, in the 1 South courtyard, we had a "graduation ceremony." Sacred Walker and MM helped coordinate with her family (mother and cousin) the event. The family brought in her diploma from the (her high school name) --they also had help from the pt's high school guidance counselor. Brother E provided the music, the patient selected 2 peer patients, she donned a cap and gown and did a minor processional while she enjoyed "Pomp and Circumstances" Dr. H (psychiatrist) and the PA student, also attended. The patient asked if she could bring the food and cake brought into the ceremony to share in the dining room with the rest of her peers.

    At present, the entire unit has joined the pt and her family in celebration in the dining room.

    Truly, a great day for all on our women's unit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts