Investing in a Vision- I have reached my half way mark!


Dear Friends, Family, Colleagues, and Community:

Ubuntu (Swahili): I am who I am, because you are who you are. Together, let's continue the Gandhian legacy and "be the change we want to see in the world."

I am writing to tell you that I am embarking on a major transition in my life and would like to extend a call for your support. I am pleased to announce that I am the only North American that has been accepted into the Field Service Learning Program in Kerala, India. Here I will be given the opportunity to learn Holistic Medicine (Ayurveda), Yoga, and Meditation, and serve youth through facilitating theater groups which will critically engage community issues. I will be working alongside a team of international students from throughout the world.
Upon my return, I will be individually and collaboratively offering presentations on my learning on preventative health, holistic healing, and drama therapy. My short term intention is to provide the foundational knowledge of holistic healing to my community of supporters and communities I am connected. My long-term intention is to open up a healing and advocacy center for marginalized children and families including providing healing services to communities of color, GLBT, impacted by mental dis-ease, and/or intergenerational trauma etc. I hope to support all beings to live whole and purposeful lives. Additionally, upon my return I am committed to furthering my studies of holistic approaches to healing by applying for doctoral programs in this field. Your financial support will also support this effort of higher learning.
      
This trip will happen with your generous donation of $25 or more. My total need is $3,000.  

I HAVE REACHED MY HALF WAY MARK- HAVING RAISED $1522 THUS FAR, AND THANK GODDESS, AND RISING!!!

 Embarking on this journey calls for my intellectual focus and spiritual strength but what has been most challenging is meeting my financial needs. I am committed to following my hearts calling and live out this passion for supporting healthcare that affirms life. All donors will receive a personalized thank you letter and an invitation to a presentation on holistic healing findings. I will be creating workshops and creative pieces based on these healing models.
I am currently enrolled in Union Theological Seminary (UTS) receiving my Master’s degree in Holistic Psychology. I am currently receiving credit with distinction in my specialization, the highest grade one can receive in my field of study. I have done research on gender based violence in the US and Caribbean, non-traditional approaches to healing, and intergenerational trauma. I have worked within intimate partner violence advocacy, sexual exploitation, etc. with the intention of using both science and creative arts to empower marginalized peoples. UTS is an Ivy League graduate school and member of is an affiliate of Columbia University. It incorporates a wide range of spiritualities and supports its students to critically analyze psychological, political, and religious liberation theology with a sense of autonomy.
          With your contribution of $25 or more, I will reach my fundraising goal of $3,000.  All donations, large or small, are always welcomed. In July, as a thank you I will send out a personalized thank you note and a creative piece as a form of gratitude. Donate at paypal.com: create an account, go to the tab marked send money, and donate to the e-mail address: kuumbaproject@gmail.com. Please make checks payable to Taneshia Campbell, address listed below. In closing, I honor those of you who have been an interconnected support. You have truly given me the chance to embrace a greater extended family through your presence in my life.

Follow my blog for updates on this trip and other works: KuumbaProject.blogspot.com.

In gratitude,
X Sacred W. Taneshia K. Campbell
Sacred Walker Taneshia Karene Campbell
MDiv Candidate 2013, Union Theological Seminary

Specialization: Holistic Psychology- Earning Credit with Distinction (A+)
(c) 917-412-0358
(e) KuumbaProject@gmail.com
(e) TKC2109@columbia.edu

Please donate TODAY to this fund at the PayPal e-mail: kuumbaproject@gmail.com

Mailing Address:
600 W. 122 St.
Apt. 708
New York, NY 10027
{Please give it a few days and call to confirm that I received it: (c) 917-412-0358.}




* Disclaimer: This post is not an endorsement of this organization, and more so shares professional opinions. This report is an op-ed piece, and encourages those specifically seeking more info to to make the most informed decisions from a wide range of perspectives, with this as one of many.  I encourage those seeking it to find the best fit for your unique needs. I hope this piece is both informative and enjoyable.

Thank you for coming. Please check out other posts on my website, of interest.
Appreciations as well for being an integral part of the Kuumba Holistic Healing Project's growing community.



To unsubsribe to this e mail listserve, send an e mail to kuumbaproject@gmail.com, with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject post.

Comments

Popular Posts