Mother Daughter Healing Love

This piece was written within the Emerge NYC Residency based out of NYU that I am currently enrolled in. It was during our intensive week yesterday, during the writing workshop with Actress/ Poet Pamela Sneed.
This may be developed into a 3 part theater movement vignette during our show at La Mamas on June 24th.

Here's a sneak peak. Enjoy!

Title: Eroticism cracks me open and heals me whole.
c/o Sacred Walker

Eroticism is laying on my momma's belly



Her super clean while cluttered one bedroom apartment in Crown Heights Brooklyn

Holding one another

As the images of the television flicker in the window

Breaking into fraggled light particles
Sneaking past the steel black window guard
Keeping thieves and light out

Listening to her light filled breath
In & out
Healthy again
Cool

My hot head and soft baby hairs stroked by her thinly lined
finger tips

Giggling

To the season finale of

"Once upon a time"
Screaming "Emma, why won't you just believe."

Fantasy real- OUR Church on a Sunday night

No words just warmth

Brown arms wrapped around

One another in our street clothes

My mom's pet peeve overlooked

It's like a prayer

Love MaGniFied.

She 
No longer scared of my gayness rubbing off

Thoughts melt in the heat of the brim of summer

Fear bugs scurry under the bed of what she might catch in between
her soft
Baby blue sheets
When I leave.


Fear monster tucked under the bed- temporarily forgotten.

All that matters now is

Ear to heart

Lips to navel

Breathe to breathe

The clutter of old wounds
And gay stereotypes
melt away
as we get lost in TV fantasy

Love in mother daughter bonds renewed
Off screen
Erotic Love

Eroticism cracks me open
&
Heals me whole.

* Disclaimer: This post is not an endorsement of any particular belief system, and more so shares creative opinions. This cannot be redistributed without the written permission of the author of this blog. This report is an op-ed piece, and encourages those specifically seeking more info to to make the most informed decisions from a wide range of perspectives, with this as one of many.  I encourage those seeking it to find the best fit for your unique needs. I hope this piece is both informative and enjoyable.

Thank you for coming. Please check out other posts on my website, of interest.
Appreciations as well for being an integral part of the Kuumba Holistic Healing Project's growing community.




To unsubscribe to this e mail listserve, send an e mail to kuumbaproject@gmail.com, with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject post.

Comments

Popular Posts