La Mama performance piece in development!


Divine eroticism breaks me open and heals me whole
or
Eros amidst adversity!

I am Sacred 
age 22
Eroticism is laying on my momma's belly

Her super clean while cluttered one bedroom apartment in Crown Heights Brooklyn

Holding one another

As the images of the television flicker in the window

Breaking into fraggled light particles
Sneaking past the steel black window guard
Keeping thieves and light out

Listening to her light filled breath
In & out
Healthy again
Cool

My hot head and soft baby hairs stroked by her thinly lined
finger tips

Giggling

To the season finale of

"Once upon a time"
Screaming "Emma, why won't you just believe."

Fantasy real- OUR Church on a Sunday night

No words just warmth

Brown arms wrapped around

One another in our street clothes

My mom's pet peeve overlooked

It's like a prayer

Love MaGniFied.

She 
No longer scared of my gayness rubbing off

Thoughts melt in the heat of the brim of summer

Fear bugs scurry under the bed of what she might catch in between
her soft
Baby blue sheets
When I leave.

Fear monster tucked under the bed- temporarily forgotten.

All that matters now is

Ear to heart

Lips to navel

Breathe to breathe

The clutter of old wounds
And gay stereotypes
melt away
as we get lost in TV fantasy

Love in mother daughter bonds renewed
Off screen
Erotic Love
All beings operate within a family system. To treat the soul we must treat the whole.

Eroticism cracks me open
&
Heals me whole.
*****

I am Apsara - age 32

I started out as a temple dancer. I was so honored to be called by Spirit.
To open up and undulate and curvature. And sing and praise.
Voice with beings with bodies, moving in tantric form.
Acknowledging and recognizing the beautiful bliss inside of me
And presenting it to those who came and shared space

It started out as a commitment to God

Dancing with Spirit gave life a new meaning
A family calling
Honoring a Yoruba Kerala lineage
that went back for generations

So I sent for my Jamaican Yoruba aunties and mother to immigrate

So I would no longer be bank of foreigner
So they could be with God and be taken cared of

An honest living- living in love

And our safe house became soils
Liked pillaged over burnt through forest land
Became my bush

And those came and entered the temple
And said they were the conduit to God
Priests and pastors started calling me a sodomite gyal because
I represented a conduit that they did not know of
They called me sinful
Dem bow
Bow down or bun fiyah pon dem


They said the only I could redeem myself was to bow down before them
Because they knew the way
They knew the way to Jehovah Jirah
Hi Haile
Ras Tafari
They knew the way

The source and the light
And one day
Fist to mouth
Legs spread
Palms wide open
He took me

He said my body lured him into sinfulness
He said that my very undulation
My very being was his healing, how could I deny him
His bliss
The one that I trusted
The one that I confided in
my hearts joys and woes in the confines
of what became concubines
confidence

The one who claimed access to Glory
Forced himself upon me
I hated him
And my body more
But you I could never hate

And in that love hate
Sarasvati- Divine Wisdom

My daughter was born

What a beautiful young lady

Bearing the locks of love in the midst of despair

Born in that temple
Without anesthesia

But today I commit to escape and get back to my direct connection with God
Get out of this place

That has marked my body and soiled my womb
rebirth
For in order for a phoenix to rise it must first burn

You burnt me and betrayed me but I will betray myself no more

I must get out of this place

Because I have gotten too used to this fist remaining in my mouth

Bliss starts now fuck you mother flowers

You do not limit me

You do not get to tell me again
who has access to God

You do not get to call me a sodomite gyal

You do not get to tell me I have limited ways
That I lured you in

You were wrong

Something inside of me knows freedom that is deeper that this

Deeper than the limitations that you have placed me in

Deeper than the cage that has become my body that has become my temple

My daughter and I will get out of this

Even if it is only an inch closer to freedom

Spirit calls us forth

Never underestimate the power of the small flicker of light desiring freedom within

Calls us forth into freedom

Eros pours thru me

pushing past resistance

Enough
is
enough

****
I am Taneshia- age 42
I applied for a visa
to get asylum for my future wife and I
To get asylum in the states
And we ended up being sold as a pair
Into brothels in Oakland streets and Brownsville
storefront shops

And now this
Detention cell

The man with the jaggle tooth told me $500 would buy me freedom
From the threats back home

Dam money mekin system

Now we are here

How we end up here
We know not
In this cold place
In between
We now call home
Between west oakland
crown heights brooklyn
And jamaica west indies
These uptown girls
Live a life
In a detention camp
Lovers born
Out of strife
Melting into the arms of another
This place is like a madhouse
Wailing noises and
Screaming mothers
Going mad
And somehow
You find laughter in a moment
Find a dandelion growing out the shoot
Of the fence
Bring it to me
And there lies joy
Eros
Amidst
Destruction
And despair

Eroticism breaks me open and makes me whole

Despite adversity I still find hope in

Enduring Love

I cannot give up now.



* Disclaimer: This post is not an endorsement of any belief system, and more so shares creative opinions. This piece CANNOT be redistributed without the written permission of the author of this blog. This report is an op-ed piece, and encourages those specifically seeking more info to to make the most informed decisions from a wide range of perspectives, with this as one of many.  I encourage those seeking it to find the best fit for your unique needs. I hope this piece is both informative and enjoyable.

Thank you for coming. Please check out other posts on my website, of interest.
Appreciations as well for being an integral part of the Kuumba Holistic Healing Project's growing community.




To unsubsribe to this e mail listserve, send an e mail to kuumbaproject@gmail.com, with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject post.

Comments

Popular Posts